Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Speed Endurance

Alactic Short Speed End           30-80m          90-100% 1-3' Rest btwn Reps/ 5-10 Btween Sets
Glycolytic Short Speed End      Under 80m     90-100% 1-2' Rest btwn Reps/ 3-4 Between Sets


SHORT SPRINTERS
Tyically how I have done it in the past (for my short sprinters) has been to go from Alactic to Gylcolytic to Regular Speed Endurance (Long Reps. with full recovery) as the season progressed.
So as soon as Acceleration was somewhat in place late in GPP I would use a session such as 3x3x30 with a walk back or 45" rest and 3' between sets. It may even start off uphill. This would last approx 3 weeks.
Then when Max V. was somewhat in place I would bring the distance out to 3x3x50 and use 1' Rest and 3-5' between Sets. This would Last approx. 3 weeks.
Later on I would evenutally use a session such as 3x3x80 with 90"-120" Rest and 6-8' between Sets. This would last approx 3 weeks.
From there I would be in precomp. where I would use speed endurance sessions for 12 weeks. When I say speed endurance I mean special endurance as well with distances up to 220m for my short sprinters.

For those who are curious with the 400 runners it is a bit different.

LONG SPRINTERS

The following is the same as the short sprinters
As soon as Acceleration was somewhat in place late in GPP I would use a session such as 3x3x30 with a walk back or 45" rest and 3' between sets. It may even start off uphill. This would last approx 3 weeks.
Then when Max V. was somewhat in place I would bring the distance out to 3x3x50 and use 1' Rest and 3-5' between Sets. This would Last approx. 3 weeks.
Different than short Sprinters
I would then use a session such as 3x3x80 with 90"-120" Rest and 6-8' between Sets. These type of sessions would last half way through the indoor competitve season (approx 11 weeks total instead of 3 as my short sprinters did) in addition to accel work with the max velocity work dropped. The other session would be split runs which then turn into speed endurance with the glycolytic short speed endurance work coming to a halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment